Welcome to my blog. Yesterday we spoke on the Dos of having a good metabolism and why it is needed and today we will talk about a very important thing which needs to be discussed that’s – MENTAL HEALTH.
So what is mental health it is if we talk about the actual definition ( as per science )it is our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
We often forget about mental health or rather not talk about it because of the perception that its related to being CRAZY and no one likes to be called one. Many types of research show that 1 out of 4 people deals with some kind of mental health issue at any time of their life and it’s that common. Frankly speaking, I have gone through it a lot and I know many who have too.
So why do we generally have this issue? It develops cause of many reasons- Few are as follows-
- if you give yourself a much higher goal to achieve
- You idolize someone and want to replicate him or her.
- You don’t like the way you look or feel about yourself
- No peace of mind.
- Fear of not achieving something.
- peer pressure.
- Hurry to get everything.
And many many more reasons-
So who sets the above for you ?? It’s YOU ONLY . I don’t say that you shouldn’t be aiming high but there are ways to get there as you cant skip your school and get in college, isn’t it? We need to build a proper base and until the base or the foundation is not strong nothing will work for you and you will be stressed.
I counsel a wide set of clients from all ages for weight loss /gain or to better their health and one thing is very common among them is lack of patience. The restless behavior gets us into depression and increases stress.
All of the things what I mentioned will just increase your stress and that’s not at all healthy for you. when you develop stress there are a lot of hormones which are over released like Cortisol ( which accelerates fat deposition in you) Insulin ( More of insulin causes insulin resistance). Scary isn’t it …
Let us see how to work on it.
- Firstly if the problem is very serious would advise visiting a doctor who can hear you out and help you with the best of his knowledge. Remember he will only cure you and you will feel much better.
- Value yourself: Treat yourself with kindness and respect, and avoid self-criticism
- Always try to compliment yourself set small goals which help you to better each day. May it be fitness or anything else always have a planner and keep small doable goals which boost your confidence.
- Be around good people – They will always make you feel good.
- A very good way to reduce mental stress is to a deep breath. Its proven that oxygen helps you to reduce the mental stress and also reduces fat so its a win-win situation for us!
- Well I try this one and it works always – A good run or a brisk walk is the best ever stress buster. It’s very important to remove the aggression and frustration rather than not doing it. You will feel much better, lighter and also those high sugary or salty foods won’t be taken in as a stress buster. It will also get you in shape!!
- Learn how to take a pause when you have an emotional rush. Meditation helps to calm the mind you can seek you tue videos for it or even yoga works well.
- Talk it out – It is best to talk and inform someone how you feel.
- Adopt a well-balanced diet so that the inner health betters and so does your mind.
Next time instead of making a resolution to better physical health lets resolute to better the mental health too.
Feel free to leave questions on it or comments.